Error when read .doc file(even only contain English chars)!

Subject: Error when read .doc file(even only contain English chars)!
From: Belcon Zhao (belcon@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 20:29:28 CST

Hello:
  After I saved a .abw file as a .doc file,I opened the .doc file with
AbiWord(I just download AW CVS version one hour ago),then,I failured.
  I don't know if anyone else has tested .doc files with AW.
So,please forgive me if I make mistakes.I just want to know whether
AW supports MSWord now or not.Maybe something wrong with my AW.
BTW:My .abw file only contains English chars.

Best regards,
-Belcon