Re: Error when read .doc file(even only contain English chars)!

Subject: Re: Error when read .doc file(even only contain English chars)!
From: Belcon Zhao (belcon@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 01:12:13 CST

Hello:

>From: "Dom Lachowicz" <cinamod@hotmail.com>
>To: belcon@hotmail.com, sam@uchicago.edu
>CC: abiword-dev@abisource.com
>Subject: Re: Error when read .doc file(even only contain English chars)!
>Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:51:16 EST
>
>>>You were trying to use a .doc file that we exported? That's your
>>>problem.
>>
>>Yes.I have test the .doc file generated by AW in M$Word2000,I
>>failured as you expected.:-)
>Yup. It's getting closer to real word output every day.

Sounds great!:-)

>>>The word exporter, while it is making good progress, does not work yet.
>>
>> Then,when we can use this function?What about the progress?
>Want to help? In case you couldn't tell, I'm swamped with about a million
>things now and could use some help on this because it's low on my priority
>list.

Yes.But I am not a expert since I joined Linux only for three months
and AW for two months.I want to try my best to do something for AW,
and I wish to learn something from it.So,if you have some lowest
prior things,I can spend some happy time on them.

>>>You can't really use the exported documents for anything useful.
>You can run 'strings' on them and extract the text. That's useful

Sorry for my poor English,I don't know what is 'strings'.