Re: OpenOffice code use

Subject: Re: OpenOffice code use
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 02:16:39 CST

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 11:22:50PM +0100, Hubert Figuiere wrote:

> Just a simple question: has anybody had a look at OpenOffice source code,
> mainly file filters in sw/source/filter directory, to know what we could
> gather from it to help AbiWord supporting more file formats ?
>
> I know, this is a huge source tree (around 460 MB untarred on my Linux), but
> this may be worth a little bit. As I could see, German fluency is a plus to
> work on it :-).

I don't think anyone has tackled this yet. It was my understanding
that they didn't have much in the way of filters (those were 3rd party
libraries), but if they do, stealing is highly encouraged. For
eaxample, a WordPerfect filter (which I thought they had) would be
wonderful.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/