Re: Segfault: ?

Subject: Re: Segfault: ?
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 04:26:09 CST

On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 01:48:06PM +0400, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Pierre Abbat wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> May be glibc is buggy in MDK as usual?

I'm going to try to find the source package for this, and see what
is causing that problem.

> I think we can use the following workaround for this problem:
> instead of
> iconv(handle,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
> everywhere use
> iconv_reset(handle)
> where it's defined as follows:
>
> void iconv_reset(iconv_t cd)
> {
> if (XAP_EncodingManager::instance->cjk_locale())
> iconv(cd,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL);
> }
>
> since shift state (and its resetting) is meaningful only on multibyte locales
> such as CJK ones.
>
> What do you guys think about this idea?

Well, this sounds good, with two caveats.

1) don't call it iconv_reset, that makes it look like an iconv function.
call it UT_iconv_reset or some such.

2) This doesn't actually fix the problem, it just limits the problem
to people with buggy glibc's and CJK documents. Which is an improvement,
but not a solution.

But I would still accept a patch for this.

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/
        GnuPG Key: