Re: Latest CVS version doesn't work with MS Word 6.0

Subject: Re: Latest CVS version doesn't work with MS Word 6.0
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 15 2000 - 12:00:46 CST

ha shao wrote:
>I think the swap bit call in wvHandleCodePage screwed Word6. :)
>Maybe it is called in the invert sense or the swap routin need
>more twick. In file wv/text.c line 340, change
> if(!swap_iconv_u2n(iconv_handle, lid))
> if(swap_iconv_u2n(iconv_handle, lid))
>will give perfect(for my test file) result.
>
>I will leave it to Dom tell what's going wrong. :)
This will fix the problem on machines that weren't experiencing the iconv
problem before. But it won't fix the problem on say RH7 where the iconv byte
order is still swapped. I think the swap_iconv_u2n() function needs fixing,
but I don't know how to test it since I don't have access to say a RH6.2
machine.

Just to help me out some, does Abi/wv print "DOM: swapping iconv byte order
1 xxxx"

Thanks,
Dom