Re: [BeOS] Text flow bug - More Info

Subject: Re: [BeOS] Text flow bug - More Info
From: Sam TH (sam@uchicago.edu)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 14:32:25 CST

On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 03:04:50PM -0800, Christopher Plymire wrote:
> I am just posting some more information regarding the text wraping bug
> in hopes that someone will be able to shed some light on what may be
> causing this in the BeOS version.
>
> Now, if I type in the following sentence: It will flow off of the page
> and into the background:
> "all comments owned by their author. begroovy disclaims all
> responsibility for what they post."
>
> * If I copy the text to the clipboard, then paste it back in below, it
> wraps correctly.
> * If I copy the text to the clipboard, then paste it back in another
> sentence, the wrapping will overflow into the background.
>
> Now, If i type in a sentence such as,
> "test test test test"
>
> * And then begin copy and pasting it on the SAME line it will overflow
> and end up in the background.
>
> Any thoughts?

This gives me vauge idea. It appears that the text being pasted wraps
properly, but doesn't take into account additional text on that line.

However, this doesn't explain the case of straight typing causing misflow.

What happens if you type that sentence (in a manner that works) and then
type more text in the middle of that sentence? Does it go of the end?
Does it ever start wrapping again?

        sam th
        sam@uchicago.edu
        http://www.abisource.com/~sam/