Re: X-font problem

Subject: Re: X-font problem
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 04:08:15 CST

On Fri, 17 Nov 2000, Diego Restrepo wrote:

 Hi,

> I have already installed the CVS in my Red Hat 6.1 without problem. But
> when I start AbiWord I get one Additional window with the following
> message.
>
> AbiWord could not load the following fontset from the X Window System
> server
>
> [-*-Times New Roman-regular-r-*-*-*-0-*-*-*-*-*-*]
>
> and the program does not work anymore.
>
> Only for check I try
>
> $xset fp+ /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts/
> xset: bad font path element (#42), possible causes are:
> Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
> Directory missing fonts.dir
> Incorrect font server address or syntax
>
> How I should fix this possible incompatibility with my X window?

 First make sure that fonts are installed in /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts/
 If yes, restart X server and type again

        xset fp+ /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts/

 if xset says the same, then there is a big chance that your X server is
 broken (doesn't suport Type1 fonts or corrupted).

 Please report results.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Diego

 Best regards,