Commit: The futures so bright I gotta wear shades :-)

Subject: Commit: The futures so bright I gotta wear shades :-)
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 21:45:12 CST

HI Everyone,
            This commit uses Bill's fix for the paste-large selection bug.
This works for me!

I'm also committing section break support in the debug build. To see what
Abi can do with columns in sections look at the file attached.
Unfortunately there are issues with pasted multi-column sections so this
is debug only.

I think we can use columns in sections to implement Tables pretty easily.
Each row in a table is a section with a defined number of rows. A
multi-row table contains number of sections. With a bit of work we can
re-use our top-ruler code to adjust table column locations. Table height
is then given by the amount of text in each column. We define a special
section type (type="Table") that doesn't get counted in our Table of
Contents.

There are many details to get all this worked out but it can all be done
with small changes to our layout code. Tables was one feature I
wasn't sure about. Now I am.

I've also had some very interesting conversations with Luca about
GTKMathView. I'm pretty sure we can port this our framework. He is very
interested in our new Unicode support for proper Scientific Fonts.

I think we can implement these two features pretty quickly after 1.0.

It's funny how one's mood can change. At 3:00 AM two days ago I was
depressed that the large Paste bug had uncovered a serious problem in our
PieceTable.

Now: "The future's so Bright I gotta wear shades :-)"

Cheers

Martin

CVS:
CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fl_BlockLayout.cpp src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.cpp
CVS: src/text/fmt/xp/fv_View.h src/wp/ap/xp/ap_EditMethods.cpp
CVS:
Bill Carpenters proper fix for Large Pastes plus section break support.