Re: lists bug

Subject: Re: lists bug
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 06:23:40 CST

Martin Sevior wrote:
> The fix is really simple. Just add the code:
[...]

I almost suspected it would be that easy. Thanks.

> Anyway, after these, are we almost there yet?

Getting closer. I can now create a list and crash it in one operation, the
bl**dy dialog seems to *only* update some stuff on timer-ticks (we _need_ to
look that design over I think), its preview window flickers madly and every
time I start a new list it indents the preview more and more to the point
it's not visible anymore.

Besides this, and the point that I can't seem to get it to give an instant
feedback in the preview how the list will look, and the fact that the only
model/design I have to extract the logic from is the "flexible" GTK+ C code
(which I after carfeul consideration have come to consider "not fit for
human consumption"), and that I haven't really got the hang of which parent
class methods&variables do what just yet, we're getting closer. :-)

I won't make a promise, but I'd think it's checked in within the next 24-48
hrs. Perhaps not with _all_ the wrinkles ironed out, but I think we can put
that in a release note.

/Mike - please don't cc