RE: UI Hit Squad

Subject: RE: UI Hit Squad
From: Joaquin Cuenca Abela (cuenca@celium.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 07:43:34 CST

Thomas wrote:

> > why 2 toolbars? because it's a pair number?
> > has anybody tried abiword in 640x480? (with 2 toolbars you just cann't
> > activate 1/3 of the buttons).
> >

> You can on the QNX version =;-) I suggest that everyone

yes, I remember the screenshots... very handy. I think that this feature
has just reached the cvs land in gtk+ (of course, only for the head branch).

> try using AbiWord at 640x480 and see how the page scrolling
> etc works/doesn't work. This is when I stumbled across
> the most annoying bug where the document iterator used by
> the smart quotes and the spelling code moves the window
> around on me. Very annoying!

Maybe we can add to the guidelines that the GUI has to work relatively well
at (at least) 640x480. And maybe I'm only a prehistoric man with a
prehistoric screen :)

What do you think?

--
Joaquin Cuenca Abela