Re: options release build will be compiled with

Subject: Re: options release build will be compiled with
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 13:04:21 CST

Vlad Harchev wrote:

> Will AW just terminate if assert if violated or it will just ignore
assertion
> violation (2nd is much more preferred IMO)?

Assertions are no-ops in release builds, the code in them will not be part
of a release compiled binary. Thus, they are simply "ignored".

Just came to think of it, I wonder if it would also be worth to have debug
compiled binaries for d/l? If a user finds an error and then have the time
and feels it's worth the effort to d/l a debug build to be able to pinpoint
the location of the error? It is after all a pre-release.

/Mike