Re: options release build will be compiled with

Subject: Re: options release build will be compiled with
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 14:10:53 CST

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm curious whether release build will be compiled with debug enabled or
> not. I think that in order to improve perceived quality of AW all asserts
> should be turned to noops (that don't ask for confirmation and don't
> terminate AW). Otherwise I think AW will get bad reputation terminating each
> time excessive assert is violated.
>
> What do you think about this?

As far as I can remember all AbiWord binary releases have been
non-debug builds which turn all of the asserts and debug messages
off. That is why we use UT_ASSERT() and UT_DEBUGMSG() in the
first place.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf