Re: About the 0.7.12 deadline and the list's dialog box

Subject: Re: About the 0.7.12 deadline and the list's dialog box
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 19:54:32 CST

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Joaquin Cuenca Abela wrote:

> --- Mike Nordell <tamlin@algonet.se> wrote:
> > Martin Sevior wrote:
> > > I think we just need to implement the concept of a
> [snip]
> >
> > Please stop and think for a moment.
> >
> > Doesn't this display that we might have a problem
> > with the non-modality of
> > this dialog?
> [snip]
> > That dialog should be modal.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Excellent argumentation. I agree with Mike, that
> dialog
> should be modal (post 0.7.12, I think).

Hmm. I'm not quite ready to give up modeless yet. I think Mikes objections
can be addresed in a Modless dialog but right now I want to fix Valds bug,
make the preview wider in your improved dialog and generally improve the
GUI behaviour. No radical changes. Just fixes.

Then I have to mark some exams.

I'm on irc.gnome.org#abiword if you guys would like to join for a real
time discussion.

Martin