Re: Commit: Lots of bug fixes to multiple views of lists.

Subject: Re: Commit: Lots of bug fixes to multiple views of lists.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 06:26:06 CST

On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Mike Nordell wrote:

> I'm glad to know it works for Unix. For Windows I can report a bit less
> success. Like, don't even try it. :-( Even trying to create a list for an
> empty doc with two views results in the following:

Empty doc's present more troubles than filled ones. I should have thought
to check. It probabally fails on unix too. I can't test right now :-(

> UT_ASSERT(pL->getAttrPropIndex() == pcrxc->getOldIndexAP());
>
> for case PX_ChangeRecord::PXT_ChangeStrux in fl_DocListener::change. For the
> moment I can't really see how this code fails on one platform but works for
> another.
>
> This is unfortunately also in one area of the code I'm completely unfamiliar
> with.

I think I can get all these fixed by Saturday night. Famous last words.
However I believe the code is fuandmentally sound but the asumptions
change when you go from single to multiple views are hard to exactly
right.

I've got a whole 18 hours in a plane to fill....

> Maybe it's just me, but I'm not completely convinced the 0.7.12 release on
> sunday is a wise decision looking at recent findings.

We'll see.

> As previously noted, there are users that _use_ AW. Sure, we can state "Use
> Lists at your own risk" but is that really an option?

I think it's better not to release a version of abi with easily triggered
crash bugs too. If it comes to that I'll debug all the list code for
0.7.12 on Saturday night. That leaves Sunday for a last abi exercise in
bug finding.

Martin