Re: Commit: Lots of bug fixes to multiple views of lists.

Subject: Re: Commit: Lots of bug fixes to multiple views of lists.
From: Mike Nordell (tamlin@algonet.se)
Date: Fri Nov 24 2000 - 05:01:09 CST

Martin Sevior wrote:
> *sigh* Just when you thought it was safe to release, I find tons of bugs
> when manipulating lists with multiple views using just the toolbar.

Fun. Not. :-(

> This
> commit fixes a lot of them. You can now start/stop lists using the tool
> bar buttons even with multiple views on the same list.

I'm glad to know it works for Unix. For Windows I can report a bit less
success. Like, don't even try it. :-( Even trying to create a list for an
empty doc with two views results in the following:

  UT_ASSERT(pL->getAttrPropIndex() == pcrxc->getOldIndexAP());

for case PX_ChangeRecord::PXT_ChangeStrux in fl_DocListener::change. For the
moment I can't really see how this code fails on one platform but works for
another.

This is unfortunately also in one area of the code I'm completely unfamiliar
with.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not completely convinced the 0.7.12 release on
sunday is a wise decision looking at recent findings.

As previously noted, there are users that _use_ AW. Sure, we can state "Use
Lists at your own risk" but is that really an option?

/Mike