Solaris and FreeBSD binaries

Subject: Solaris and FreeBSD binaries
From: Ben Hall (bhall@scs.carleton.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 04:18:31 CST

Hi.

Okay, I have also built solaris and FreeBSD binaries..

Solaris Notes:

- build machine as an Ultra10 running Solaris 7. It has a slightly older
version of GTK on it, but I got no errors with respect tp that
- wv's compile died, complaining about then enum "version" being already
defined. Wanting to make sure that abi built, I renamed wv's enum (likely
breaking wv somehow) I'll ask my C++-enlightened girlfired what I should
have done in the morning (It's 5:00AM here and I've been at this for a
while)

Anyway, with that changem abi compiled, I can't test it on that machine,
as I'm at home and it's at school behind a firewall.

FreeBSD Build Notes:

- Build machone is a K6-450 running FreeBSD 4.1 release.
- The only problem I had was that files kept trying to reference iconv.h
in the /abi/src/af/util/xp directory. I cheated and just copied the file
to this directory. Then it all went smoothly

I have tested (albeit briefly) that the dynamic tgz file works. It does,
it even imports my killer word doc.

I made md5sums for all of the above, you can find the files at:
http://www.moses.cx/files/Abi, same as before.

BTW, thanks for fixing my list bug already. Should I resync the source
and rebuild these packages, or is this release carved in stone? Now that
I've got all of the machines working on the build it wouldn't take much to
redo things (well, my 233MHz Alpha is PAINFULLY slow, so the compile takes
over an hour..)

Oh, I may be able to do the BeOS build too, but it means taking a machine
apart to install another hard drive.

Ben