Re: The importance of the spellchecking non-English speakingcountries

Subject: Re: The importance of the spellchecking non-English speakingcountries
From: Jordi Mas (jmas@softcatala.org)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 09:39:32 CST

Hi Martin,

> Hi Jordi,
> We are currently moving away from an ispell based spellchecker to
> Pspell from Kevin Atkinson. I believe that Abi 0.7.12 compiled correctly
> for RedHat 7.0 will Spell Check Languages other than English
> (and do a much better job of guessing the word you meant). ispell is an
> unmaintained mess, however Kevin needs help getting his system to work
> correctly on non-Unix systems.
> It would be great to hear from other distributions and to learn if they
> also plan to migrate to Kevins Pspell/aspell.

What I can tell is that the spell checking for non-English dictionaries
does not work on win32, that is my platataform. I have just copied the
hash file, and it did not work.

I understand from your message that the non-English dictionary support
is not working for non-Unix builds on 0.7.12. Correct?

Thanks,

Jordi,

--
Jordi Mas, InstantTerra ID:jordimas70