Re: ability to not to use gnome print under gnome build

Subject: Re: ability to not to use gnome print under gnome build
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 14:10:58 CST

Sorry if I sound like an asshole but...

I don't like this suggestion and I personally won't commit it. Unless convinced otherwise, I will revert any changes that achieve this affect. Why? Well, among other things:

1) The print dialog code will be horribly ugly

2) It doesn't solve the problem that lies in the gnome-print code.

3) Our code gets convoluted, ugly, hard to follow, and buggy.

Either we use gnome-print or we don't. I won't allow any of this mixing and matching. It's bad on the developers and bad for the end users. I do feel your pain though and would like for everything to "just work" with the gnome-print code. The correct solution is to get gnome-print to properly support non-latin1 fonts.

Dom