Re: On A4 paper and AbiWord

Subject: Re: On A4 paper and AbiWord
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 15:20:54 CST

On 29 Nov 2000, Daniel Thompson wrote:

> Thanks to all who replied to my last questions. I've now got the backend stuff
> to support A4 and am now modifying the preferences dialog. I should now only
> need a little more hand holding before my first patch.
>
> Please forgive their simplistic nature!
>
> * Is casting XML_Char* to char* OK? Should I assert the the sizeofs are
> the same to help those who come after me?

Great idea.

> * <paranoia> getPrefsValue() returns pointer to constant and does not need
> freeing. Correct? </paranoia>

Perfectly correct.

> * After changing XP code to add extra _set and _gather methods to the
> Options dialog how do I protect the build on machines that are not
> Unix. Provide a temporary implementation in the XP code until all
> platforms are updated? or provide stubs in each platform code? ...

My opinion is that you make one platform work, then try
your hand at making an intelligent stub for the other
platforms with a big comment on where to look for a
reference if it breaks.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf