Re: On A4 paper and AbiWord

Subject: Re: On A4 paper and AbiWord
From: Daniel Thompson (d.thompson@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 12:32:41 CST

Thanks to all who replied to my last questions. I've now got the backend stuff
to support A4 and am now modifying the preferences dialog. I should now only
need a little more hand holding before my first patch.

Please forgive their simplistic nature!

 * Is casting XML_Char* to char* OK? Should I assert the the sizeofs are
     the same to help those who come after me?
 * <paranoia> getPrefsValue() returns pointer to constant and does not need
     freeing. Correct? </paranoia>
 * After changing XP code to add extra _set and _gather methods to the
     Options dialog how do I protect the build on machines that are not
     Unix. Provide a temporary implementation in the XP code until all
     platforms are updated? or provide stubs in each platform code? ...

    Cheers

    Daniel
    --xx--

--
Daniel Thompson (Merlin) <d.thompson@gmx.net>

How many dull people does it take to change a light bulb? One.