Re: On A4 paper and AbiWord

Subject: Re: On A4 paper and AbiWord
From: Daniel Thompson (d.thompson@gmx.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 11:38:35 CST

> Anyway, feel free to ask questions.<snip>

You may come to regret that! This is a very boring hand holding question.

Anyone still reading?

OK as I mentioned in my second mail I'm starting on the simpler task of adding
a default paper size option in the Preferences box in order to bring myself up
to speed.

I have run into the following problem.

fl_DocLayout::_getDefaultPageSize() is called from the fl_DocLayout
contrutctor and does not have an obvious means to access the preferences
hash table. Ideally this routine would examine the preferences and return
the appropriate value. Neither of the values passed to the fl_DocLayout
constructor has a getApp method (although GR_Graphics does store it protected).

I have tried modifying _prefsListener to update fl_DocLayout::m_pageSize
as soon as a pointer to the preferences is known but this requires setView()
to be invoked before any call to addNewPage(), I'm doubt this is likely, its
certainly not guaranteed.

Should I just hack a getApp() method into GR_Graphics and set up the
preferences before any call to addNewPage() or is there a better approach?

I hope that make sense to someone!

    Cheers

    Daniel
    --xx--

--
Daniel Thompson (Merlin) <d.thompson@gmx.net>

How many dull people does it take to change a light bulb? One.