Re: On A4 paper and AbiWord

Subject: Re: On A4 paper and AbiWord
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 16:35:06 CST

dt> fl_DocLayout::_getDefaultPageSize() is called from the
dt> fl_DocLayout contrutctor and does not have an obvious means to
dt> access the preferences hash table. Ideally this routine would
dt> examine the preferences and return the appropriate value. Neither
dt> of the values passed to the fl_DocLayout constructor has a getApp
dt> method (although GR_Graphics does store it protected).

I have often run into this same problem in other areas of the source.
One certainly doesn't want to have something that looks like a global
variable, but the prefs stuff really needs nearly universal
availability (at least in XP land).

dt> Should I just hack a getApp() method into GR_Graphics and set up

That's the sort of approach I've used. FWIW, nobody came to my house
and bent my dog tags about it.