Re: A suggestion for the release notes?

Subject: Re: A suggestion for the release notes?
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 07:06:14 CST

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> Hi Bob and Sam,
> Bob are you still on the write up the release notes for
> 0.7.12? If Sam and the list agrees I have suggestion. Now that our MSWord
> import is so good, should we ask users to submit *.doc files that Word
> loads and that crash abi?

I think that you will be flooded with Word Documents that don't
necessarily crash AbiWord, but instead don't display properly.
When you ask for documents that don't work properly, people will
start sending tables, imported images, embedded object docs not
to mention the fact that I've been receiving a lot of *.doc documents
that were actually RTF documents (I think that we have discussed
this before rtf's masquerading as docs .. all the more reason not
to trust the extension!).

Just a warning that we will likely get more than we bargained
for =;-)

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf