A suggestion for the release notes?

Subject: A suggestion for the release notes?
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 01:12:13 CST

Hi Bob and Sam,
              Bob are you still on the write up the release notes for
0.7.12? If Sam and the list agrees I have suggestion. Now that our MSWord
import is so good, should we ask users to submit *.doc files that Word
loads and that crash abi?

Can we set aside some space on Parsons to do this securely Sam?

First off even asking for these significantly backs up our brag that we
have the Second Best Word importer (after MS Word 2000) in the business.

Of course it also gives as a valuable resource of hard documents to test
Abi with. All the better to improve Abi. I'm sure Dom and Coalan can
attest to the usefulness of a large number of hard documents to exercise
wv with. Now that Abi's installed base is probabally in the 1 million
users range, (from RedHat 7.0 and Helix-code), we should get a nice large
number of difficult docs. It also gives our users a chance to help.

What do you think?

Martin