RE: A suggestion for the release notes?

Subject: RE: A suggestion for the release notes?
From: WJCarpenter (bill-abisource@carpenter.ORG)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 12:11:30 CST

ms> Hi Bob and Sam, Bob are you still on the write up the release
ms> notes for 0.7.12? If Sam and the list agrees I have
ms> suggestion. Now that our MSWord import is so good, should we ask
ms> users to submit *.doc files that Word loads and that crash abi?

Whatever happens with this particular suggestion, I think it is
valuable to:

1. Expand our collection of sample/problem documents. Very helpful
for regression testing.

2. Be more systematic about regression testing. This is most useful
right before a release, but is also useful as a periodic event to
catch the sorts of things one expects regression testing to catch.

Perhaps item #2 would be a good job for someone the next time we get a
query along the lines of "I'm not really a developer, but I'd like to
help the Abi effort somehow".