Re: why some dialogs and widgets(!) on unix have fixed dimensions?

Subject: Re: why some dialogs and widgets(!) on unix have fixed dimensions?
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Thu Oct 05 2000 - 03:35:00 CDT

On 4 Oct 2000, Anders Melchiorsen wrote:

> Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au> wrote on 30-Sep-00:
>
> > These hard coded dialog dimension sizes are all through the gtk
> > dialogs. I don't like them either but in some cases seemed
> > neccessary to get the dialog to come out right.
>
> Hard coded sizes will most certainly make the dialogs *not* come out
> right (in all but the default case).
>

> > Feel free to fix them but please test your changes with English
> > fonts and other font sizes.
>
> If there are any fixed size dialogs left after Vlad is done, I might
> be able to fix them (I already did the GTK+ print and find/replace
> dialogs). GTK+ is about the only part of AbiWord that I grok anyway
> :-).

 Yes, the only dialog remaining is "Paragraph" dialog. But it will be hard to
 change it - will require more than 4 hours IMO.

 Also, all dialogs should be checked whether making them not-resizeable (but
not fixed-size of course) makes sense. A lot of dialogs that contan GtkCList
should be made growable IMO.

> --
> Regards, Anders
> (address is valid)