Re: why some dialogs and widgets(!) on unix have fixed dimensions?

Subject: Re: why some dialogs and widgets(!) on unix have fixed dimensions?
From: Anders Melchiorsen (postmaster@and.nospam.kampsax.k-net.dk)
Date: Wed Oct 04 2000 - 16:59:08 CDT

Martin Sevior <msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au> wrote on 30-Sep-00:

> These hard coded dialog dimension sizes are all through the gtk
> dialogs. I don't like them either but in some cases seemed
> neccessary to get the dialog to come out right.

Hard coded sizes will most certainly make the dialogs *not* come out
right (in all but the default case).

> Feel free to fix them but please test your changes with English
> fonts and other font sizes.

If there are any fixed size dialogs left after Vlad is done, I might
be able to fix them (I already did the GTK+ print and find/replace
dialogs). GTK+ is about the only part of AbiWord that I grok anyway
:-).

--
Regards, Anders
(address is valid)