Commit: WML export

Subject: Commit: WML export
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 01:50:08 CDT

Hi everyone,

I got bored and was kind-of tired and this seemed like a good idea, so I
made both wvWare (CVS) and Abiword able to export to WML. In case you're not
familiar, WML is the XML markup language used in Webphones and other PDAs in
the US and Europe (and to a lesser degree, Asia). Images and lists will
*never* work with the 1.0 spec, but hey, who cares (unless ABW will support
4bit-grayscale WBMP images)?

Publish the document to your IIS or Apache server and try things out with
your web-enabled PDA/phone or get the Phone.com UP simulator. There's a Java
simulator out there too. Bugreports are appreciated. Now you can view your
Abiword documents while driving. The world is officially a better place :)

On another note, I'm finally free to contribute more of my time to Abiword.
Expect gnome-font and real gnome-print support real soon now. Gnome-print
0.24 will be the only version supported. This is a beginning step to getting
embedded-object support (i.e. the only way to print embedded objects in
gnome is to use gnome-print) This is fine since 0.24 can publish to PS1,
PS2, and PDF (drool...)

Dom

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/Makefile src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_exp.cpp
CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_types.h
CVS: Added Files:
CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_exp_WML.cpp src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_exp_WML.h