Re: PATCH: unix paragraph dialog fixes

Subject: Re: PATCH: unix paragraph dialog fixes
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 06:56:23 CDT

On 6 Oct 2000, Anders Melchiorsen wrote:

> Yes. It would also be nice to make the dialogs more simillar. Right
> now some dialogs have action buttons (ok, cancel, ...) at the bottom,
> others at the right hand side. Seperators, space, and default buttons
> are also used rather randomly.
>
> I guess the reason that many dialogs are left "good enough" instead of
> "perfect" is that it is a major pain to hand edit the machine
> generated sources. It would be really, really nice if Glade could be
> used to modify the GTK+ GUIs. Then we could have a crisp, consistent
> GUI for GTK+.

I think that consistancy should be key. As a platform
maintainer, I'd be willing to go through all of the
qnx platform dialogs and change them to some sort of
default look/behaviour if that is what we decide. It
is certainly a fair bit of work however.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf