Re: PATCH: unix paragraph dialog fixes

Subject: Re: PATCH: unix paragraph dialog fixes
From: Anders Melchiorsen (postmaster@and.nospam.kampsax.k-net.dk)
Date: Fri Oct 06 2000 - 07:51:13 CDT

Thomas Fletcher <thomasf@qnx.com> wrote:

> On 6 Oct 2000, Anders Melchiorsen wrote:
>
> > Yes. It would also be nice to make the dialogs more simillar. Right
> > now some dialogs have action buttons (ok, cancel, ...) at the bottom,
> > others at the right hand side. Seperators, space, and default buttons
> > are also used rather randomly.
>
> I think that consistancy should be key. As a platform maintainer,
> I'd be willing to go through all of the qnx platform dialogs and
> change them to some sort of default look/behaviour if that is what
> we decide. It is certainly a fair bit of work however.

Do you mean consistency among the dialogs of one platform or among all
platforms (like Mozilla does it) ?

Since different platforms have different UI guidelines, I believe Abi
should look different on each platform. For platforms without
guidelines, we will have to make some. The current GTK+ portion (which
is all I use) is looking rather ugly and not professional in any way.

Of couse, the clean up by Vlad and yours truly has made the single
GTK+ dialog at least passable, but the whole is still very
inconsistent. Are other platforms just as inconsistent?

--
Regards, Anders
(address is valid)