Commit: Major importer overhaul

Subject: Commit: Major importer overhaul
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 08 2000 - 23:34:51 CDT

I gave the importer a massive overhaul tonight.

I wanted to make an ie_imp_WML class but realized that I'd be copying *far*
too much code from the Abiword_1 importer. So I made a generic ie_imp_XML
base class. Now any XML-based importer has to override only *2* methods to
import into Abiword. Needless to say, it heavily reduces on both amount and
the complexity of code too.

ie_imp_WML and ie_imp_AbiWord_1 are my two test cases. The base class takes
care of all expat vs. libxml2 differences, so the developer doesn't have to
worry about that garbage. It'd be nice if someone (not excluding myself)
would do a KWord importer to further test the robustness of the new class.

I also removed gtk_widget_set_parent from centerDialog()

Dom

CVS:
CVS: Committing in .
CVS:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS: src/af/util/unix/ut_dialogHelper.cpp
CVS: src/af/util/xp/ut_string.cpp src/wp/impexp/xp/Makefile
CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp.cpp
CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_AbiWord_1.cpp
CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_AbiWord_1.h
CVS: Added Files:
CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_WML.cpp src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_WML.h
CVS: src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_XML.cpp src/wp/impexp/xp/ie_imp_XML.h