Re: Quick Dialog Question

Subject: Re: Quick Dialog Question
From: Thomas Fletcher (thomasf@qnx.com)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 14:27:43 CDT

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> Would anyone be horribly upset if I moved the buttons in the spell-check and
> other such dialogs (I think that there's only 1) to the bottom of the dialog
> instead of them being on the side? This doesn't have to be "all-or-nothing."
> You may vote to leave the spell-check buttons on the right side and send
> another dialog's buttons to the bottom, for example. I'd just like to have a
> consistant look and feel for all dialogs. If not, I'll still gnome-ify the
> buttons tonight at least.

Dom,

  I wouldn't be horribly upset, but I think that of the
dialogs where the vertical buttons look appropriate, it
is the spelling dialog. There are just so many buttons
and it is a look that many people have gotten used to.

Of course if you come up with a more pleasing, efficient
all round better layout, then I'm happy to change the
layout of the Photon version.

Thomas
Thomas (toe-mah) Fletcher QNX Software Systems
thomasf@qnx.com Neutrino Development Group
(613)-591-0931 http://www.qnx.com/~thomasf