Re: Default margin-top and number of headings

Subject: Re: Default margin-top and number of headings
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Oct 13 2000 - 05:56:45 CDT

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:

> I have two small questions.
>
> 1. Why is the default margin-top ("space before") for paragraphs set to 0,
> instead of 12 pt? In text editors it should be 0, but in word processors, it
> should be set to 12 pt (the Enter key starts a new paragraph).

I don't believe there is a particular reason for this. No else has pointed
it out as a problem before. What does MS Word do a default? We should copy
that.

> 2. Will there be more headings in future versions ('Heading 4', 'Heading 5'
> &c.)? We'll need this for importing (X)HTML (and LaTeX) anyway.

It is very easy to define new Styles. We can make as many as are needed.
That reminds me, about 3 months ago Owen Stenseth said he was interested
in developing a styles dialog. Owen's the author of the perl script lists
the translations needed.

I wonder if Owen can give us an update on his progress on the Styles
dialog? With the great Lists infrastructure we have in place it would be
pretty easy to Auto number sections now. We should have a style to do
this.

Cheers!

Martin