Re: support for Tables

Subject: Re: support for Tables
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 02:24:27 CDT

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> > There have been discussions but nothing that would really advance the
> > cause. We would all LOVE tables support but the concencous is that we
> > should complete the current list of features before attempting tables.
>
> I do of course agree, but we could perhaps write a requirement specification on
> tables?

That is a good idea.

> Database connectivity. Again, very difficult.

At least for the Gnome front end this would be quite easy once we get
bonobo support. Then we get scripting from outside Abi for free and the
whole gnome infrastructre which includes easy connectivity to both
spreadsheets and databases. Actually once this is in place I would
interested in scripting some MS Works like features like Envolope and
label printing.

As I said this is very easy once bonobo is in place.

Cheers

Martin