Re: Bug in printing?

Subject: Re: Bug in printing?
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Sat Oct 14 2000 - 02:34:24 CDT

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> Vlad,
>
> I totally agree that it probably works on your box. My lang: en_US

 I'm sorry for so late reply - I don't hack at nights.

 Originally I tested it with LANG=en with vanilla 0.7.11 with my megapatch and
this fix, not using libiconv and it worked fine. Just tested the version from
yesterday's (or somewhat older, but after megapatch was committed) with LANG=en_US and with
fix applied and libiconv, and it worked fine again.
 Could you please ensure that you start the correct patched abiword binary,
and that you see not the old .ps file, but the just-generated one?

 But yes, the fix depends on the functioning EncodingManager class.
 Could you tell what is the return value of this expression after xap_UnixApp
is constructed?:

XAP_EncodingManager::instance->try_nativeToU(0xa1)

 It should be 0xa1. If it's 0, then iconv or libiconv is not working for some
reason. Could you relink with libiconv then and try it again?

 Also, could you run the test program (10.cpp) I posted recently and mail me
its output?

> I don't think that I should have to set this to anything else just to print
> out something that is in the Standard Symbols Font, though... so unless I'm
> majorly missing something, I think this is a bug, and a rather annoying one
> at that.

 I fully agree with you.

> If it is a problem on my box, do you have a suggested fix? These are things
> (course work) that I need to be able to print without going to computer labs
> or a friend's computer after exporting to RTF...

 Yes, this should be fixed. Please try the means I suggested above and
report results.