Re: Tinderbox tyrant (wv issues)

Subject: Re: Tinderbox tyrant (wv issues)
From: Eric W. Sink (eric@sourcegear.com)
Date: Sun Oct 15 2000 - 08:26:16 CDT

I'm not sure my opinion carries much weight in this forum anymore, but
if it did, said opinion would look like this:

read, write, and open are NOT standard C, and their use is NOT
acceptable
in XP sections of AbiWord. These are UNIX system calls which happen to
have been widely implemented on other systems, with varying degrees of
true portability. Their counterparts include things like
FSOpen/HOpen (Mac), and OpenFile (Win32).

:-)