Re: file format

Subject: Re: file format
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 11:39:11 CDT

Common file formats are great. On our end, it'd be no more than adding an
importer and exporter class to handle as little/much of the format as we
needed/could.

Then again, we *do* export to RTF, HTML, etc... which happen to be pretty
open and standard formats and also well implemented where they are
implemented. There are a *lot* of test documents out there to test with too
:)

So I'll probably take a look at the OpenOffice file format specs and DTDs
soon (i.e. this week). Do I think that we should implement it in some shape
or form? Probably yes. Do I think we should abandon the ABW format (or make
it not the default)? Probably not. At least not yet.

It can't be any uglier than the KOffice format.. ugh.

Dom