Re: The next release?

Subject: Re: The next release?
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 11:06:35 CDT

Martin said:
>It just occurred to me after the flurry of activity over thweekend that we
>had a pretty impressive set of extra features and that we had a window of
>opportunity before a major platform (Gnome) neccessarily goes unstable for
>a while.
Yeah, sorry about this. I've got some stuff planned that requires lots of
unstable gnome libraries. Plus I forsee some (major) bugs coming up when I
move Abi-gnome to use Gnome-Font and Bonobo.

>Page Numbers
>headers/footers
>Page Setup
>Styles
>Borders and Shading
>
>In addition to these features available for all platforms the Abi-Gnome
>team (well Dom!) is working on additional goodies for the Gnome front end.
Yeah. We need to look and act a little more like MSWord to be really appeal
to the masses. I'm planning on adding foreground and background color
selection boxes on only gnome's toolbar. This means that we/I have to
implement background color drawing, which should be pretty simple and needed
anyway for "Borders and Shading." These are exactly the same widget in 'gal'
that I wrote for Gnumeric/Evolution/GtkHtml. It's pretty much equivalent to
the XCel/Word Common Control on their toolbars, if the Win32 developers want
to add this too. I also want to pipe words over to GDict so we get
'Dictionary/Thesaurus' capabilities too, thus fixing my least-favorite
non-feature of AbiWord :)

Dom