Re: vw warning fix

Subject: Re: vw warning fix
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 11:41:14 CDT

Jesper Skov said:
>Dom, you're following this group, so I just post the patch here.
It might appear that I'm actively working on this project :)

>As far as I can tell from my C book (K&R, ANSI version) there's no
>such thing as short field types. Only int, signed and unsigned ints.
>And GCC barfs too.
Acknowledged.

>Is there a particular reason for not making the below changes?
Actually, they've already been made in wvWare's CVS tree, pending the 0.6.2
release. The MSWord documentation actually uses the terminology: "U8
fFoo:1;" so we carried it over too. Any sane compiler shold be able to
figure out what this means. Why do this? So on LE platforms, you can read an
entire word structure from disk in one fell swoop instead of something like
500 reads for a FIB.

Anyway, this only affects Word2. It's changed in wvWare's CVS tree. Feel
free to back-port it or for someone to apply Jesper's patch. Maintianing one
wv tree is enough for me :)

Dom