Re: The next release?

Subject: Re: The next release?
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 12:11:24 CDT

Yeah,

Linking against our iconv should fix the problem we're seeing. I tried this
to help Vlad out, but I think that we still linked against RH7's iconv. If
we change our Makefiles so that we link against our iconv *always*, this
will probably be fixed at the cost of a slightly larger binary and longer
comilation time.

Alternatively, we can detect at runtime/compilation time what the byte order
returned from iconv() is, and swap all of the bytes. This would involve a
wrapper function around iconv like ABI_iconv(), but I think that this is
ugly. Then again, if it works, who am I to complain?

Dom