Re: gnome build is busted: is gnome-print the culprit?

Subject: Re: gnome build is busted: is gnome-print the culprit?
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 17:39:24 CDT

This is well known. Gnome print 0.24 broke the API that gnome-print
0.01->0.23 used. My upcoming gnome-print patch fixes this, but it's kinda
buggy right now. Techincally the gnome build isn't broken, just downgrade
gnome print and possibly gnumeric.

>This may be due to a, IMHO correct, option to "close" the direct access to
>the internal structure of a GnomePrinter object.
Precisely, but it breaks our build and the fix is to use gnome-print for our
backend, which is no small chore.

Dom