Documentation

Subject: Documentation
rms@greymalkin.yi.org
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 18:27:41 CDT

Hello,

  I am going to RFC in this mailing list a new format for the documentation pages, which will, I hope, make life easy for translators.
  I decided to do this, since last time I tried to make the pt-PT help files I nearly got insane with the amount of repeated work.

  There will be, most definitely, a menu configuration. Something probably in the likes of:
   fileToLink.html localized text to use (that's a tab in between)

  I was considering using perl to generate the documentation.
  This because there are a few things in each documentation file that are VERY boring to do, and are the exact same in all pages. The header image and the menu, for example.

  What do you think?

 Yours, rms

+ So let's do it...?