Re: Problems from a user..

Subject: Re: Problems from a user..
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 08:32:26 CDT

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Robert Sievers wrote:

> I realize I have really dropped off the face of the earth as far as AbiWord
> has gone, but I am still lurking in the shadows. Here is a bounced note
> that probably needs to be addressed. If this is already known, I apologize.
>

> >From: "kimmo.lehtonen@lasipalatsi.fi" <leban@lasipalatsi.fi>
> >To: abiword-user@abisource.com
> >
> >Hello there readers
> >
> >I recently upgraded to Abiword 0.7.11 and subsequenlty lost all support
> >for the special characters in Finnish language - both in the menus and in
> >spellchecking. I am running on Debian Linux PPC.
> >Has anyone got any ideas why this happened and is there anything I can do
> >for the situation?
> >
> >BTW: I am wrinting my third science fiction novel on Abiword and do not
> >like the delays and problems.

Wow. I don't whether to be flattered or horrified. We haven't yet
designated Abi as stable although we try hard to kill crash bugs as soon
as we here about them. I wouldn't try to write a Novel in Abi yet.

To answer your question, this part of the code is in heavy development
right now as we incorporate full unicode support. It should include proper
support for Finnish and we would really like to hear from Finnish users if
it does. We will either get a new release in a week or two or if we miss
that deadline our next release will be in early December.

Cheers

Martin