Re: Problems from a user..

Subject: Re: Problems from a user..
From: Larry Kollar (kollar@alltel.net)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 03:46:49 CST

Martin Sevior wrote:

>Wow. I don't whether to be flattered or horrified. We haven't yet
>designated Abi as stable although we try hard to kill crash bugs as soon
>as we here about them. I wouldn't try to write a Novel in Abi yet.

This is something I've been curious about for a long time, but now
it's nagging me enough to ask the list. How much effort would it take
to make a stable 0.8 release? I'd guess fixing known-fatal bugs,
pruning not-there-yet code, & cleaning up the online documentation
would about do it.

AW has been getting more press lately & we're only going to see more
people like Kimmo who want to *use* it. And for people writing novels
or term papers or resumes (you know, fiction :-), AbiWord has all the
necessary features right now.

        Larry