Re: Gnome-print & abiword

Subject: Re: Gnome-print & abiword
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 11:06:11 CDT

Chema,

Yeah, I'm the person who has submitted a bunch of patches to the Gnome-Print
for C++ encapsulation.

I'm also working on using the gnome-print backend right now (have about 1000
loc). I could frankly use some help, as I'm hitting some snags and haven't
found any documentation on the architecture other than the other working
examples (gnumeric, the "tests" directory in gnome-print), and even these
are sparsely commented. I've also wanted to use the TextLine stuff in GP but
the example gives me an empty PS file and a lot of "Gtk-warnings" and
"Gtk-criticals" so I was wondering if it was broken.

If you'd like, Chema, I can mail you my patch against current CVS sources. I
really want this to work and could use all the help I can get, but haven't
really had the time this past week.

Thanks,
Dom