Re: Gnome-print & abiword

Subject: Re: Gnome-print & abiword
From: Chema Celorio (chema@celorio.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 2000 - 15:15:23 CDT

Dom Lachowicz wrote:

> Chema,
>
> Yeah, I'm the person who has submitted a bunch of patches to the Gnome-Print
> for C++ encapsulation.
>
> I'm also working on using the gnome-print backend right now (have about 1000
> loc). I could frankly use some help, as I'm hitting some snags and haven't
> found any documentation on the architecture other than the other working
> examples (gnumeric, the "tests" directory in gnome-print), and even these

Yes, we need some docs. :-(

> are sparsely commented. I've also wanted to use the TextLine stuff in GP but
> the example gives me an empty PS file and a lot of "Gtk-warnings" and
> "Gtk-criticals" so I was wondering if it was broken.

What do you mean by the TextLine sutff ?

> If you'd like, Chema, I can mail you my patch against current CVS sources. I
> really want this to work and could use all the help I can get, but haven't
> really had the time this past week.

Ok. I will get the source today, and if you can send me a patch I can
take
a look at what the problems are. I will mail the list if I have trouble
compiling
Abiword (I've never had) tso that we can get this thing working as soon
as possible.