Re: Compile error building CJK patch.

Subject: Re: Compile error building CJK patch.
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 00:44:13 CST

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

 Hi Martin, Hi abi-dev

 I've just woke up..
 Sam already pointed out how to fix problem with errno.

 As for fonts - I don't know whether the fonts in RH6.2 are OK for CJK
locales. I think you don't have to hardly try to see AW under CJK locale -
since in the worth case you will have to install a huge fonts, a font server,
upgrade glibc, reconfigure X server and study chinese :) etc. For these
reasons I didn't test it too (under CJK locale, but I've extensively tested it
under non-CJK locale - russian and deutch). I think we should let CJK people
try running AW under CJK environment and report/fix bugs.

 Thanks.

> HI Vlad,
> I tried your patch. It applied cleanly then I got this error on
> my RH 6.2 with up-to-date Helix-gnome.
>
> t_mbtowc.cpp:
> ut_mbtowc.cpp: In method `int UT_Mbtowc::mbtowc(__wchar_t &, char)':
> ut_mbtowc.cpp:264: `errno' undeclared (first use this function)
> ut_mbtowc.cpp:264: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ut_mbtowc.cpp:264: for each function it appears in.)
> ut_mbtowc.cpp:264: `EINVAL' undeclared (first use this function)
> make[4]: ***
> [/home/msevior/abidir/abi-cvs/abi/src/../src/Linux_2.2.14-5.0_i386_DBG/obj/ut_mbtowc.o]
> Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> `/home/msevior/abidir/abi-cvs/abi/src/af/util/xp'
>
> BTW do the CKJ fonts come in rpm form suitable for RH 6.2? Am I lucky
> enough to find them in a stock RH 6.2 distribution? If not where can
> I find them?
>
> I'm REALLY looking forward to getting this in.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Cheers
>
> Martin

 Best regards,