Re: Compile error building CJK patch.

Subject: Re: Compile error building CJK patch.
From: Martin Sevior (msevior@mccubbin.ph.unimelb.edu.au)
Date: Mon Oct 30 2000 - 05:32:49 CST

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Vlad Harchev wrote:

> > > Ok the patch applies and builds cleanly on RH 6.2. Those funny German
> > > symbols show up OK and print OK. Spell checking works.
> >
> > I expected this :)
> >
> > > However bullet symbols in lists appear as "?" similar to a problem with
> > > the initial Russian Patch. Is this an easy fix Vlad?
> >
> > Yes, I will fix it right now. It's an easy fix. I'm sorry for it.
>
> I've put a fix here:
> http://www.hippo.ru/~hvv/abiword/next-cjk-patch.diff
>
> It should be applied over AW patched with sam's or mine version of CJK patch.
>
> Martin, please look at 2 last hunks of that patch. They fix the pieces it
> didn't work.
> Other hunks are to make lists' bullets working with single-byte non-latin1
> languages like russian.

I'll look at it tomorrow my time. I'm at home now and getting and applying
patches is hard.

I've compiled and built Your patch with with Abi on RedHat 7.0 (my
laptop). I needed to add a whole lot of const_cast< char **>(&inptr) for
the second input parameter of iconv to get it to compile.

I also needed to to #include <string.h> in various methods using standard
string libraries.

I'll send you a patch tomorrow.

After those fixes Abi compiles and runs pretty much like RH 6.2. I think
I'll upgrade my Desktop to RH 7.0.

Spell checking works. The "?" shows up for list bullets again. Insert
Symbol works, those funny German characters display and print correctly.
If Dom had a German paper due next week I think he could write it in
AbiWord again :-)

So I'd say RH 7.0 and RH 6.2 are on par again.

The reports from our Chinese friends sound very promising. They may be
able to finish getting CJK support for Abi.

Once again this is a huge amount of quality work. It looks like Abi will
soon be useful to an extra 1.2 billion people :-)

Cheers

Martin