Re: Commit: Gnome Print

Subject: Re: Commit: Gnome Print
From: Vlad Harchev (hvv@hippo.ru)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 00:38:25 CST

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Martin Sevior wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Dom Lachowicz wrote:
>
> > Print-Preview and print to PDF in one fell swoop... drool...
> >
> > Dom
> >

> I just tried it. Its beautiful! I love printing straight to pdf and the
> print-preview is fantastic. Great work Dom and the gnome-print team.
>
> Who needs acrobat? Yet another feature we have that Word doesn't.

 Just to correct, it's possible to print to pdf (and .ps) on Win* also. I did
it a lot of times. But probably this requires not-free version of Acroreader.

 BTW, there is gnome-print-based print-dialog patch among unapplied patches.
 It the functionality it provided already is provided by excellent Dom's work
or that unapplied patch could be recycled (or at least recategorized)?

> Cheers!
>
> Martin

 Best regards,
  -Vlad