Re: Commit: Gnome Print

Subject: Re: Commit: Gnome Print
From: Dom Lachowicz (cinamod@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 31 2000 - 01:09:52 CST

The unapplied-patch that you're referring to is from John Tunison. He wrote
early this year. It popped up the Gnome-Print dialog instead of our GTK
dialog. It looked pretty, but was never applied to our tree.

I rewrote that patch about 3 months ago and made us use the gnome-print
dialog with our exising backend as part of my "All GTK dialogs must have
pretty gnome equivalents" campaign. Again, no big deal.

Today, I committed work by myself and Chema to allow us to use the
gnome-print backend instead of our internal PS printing code. This was a
fairly large undertaking for several reasons and is what allows us to print
to PDF and A Print-Preview canvas.

There are still a few small bugs in the printing code that I hope to fix
shortly, but shouldn't affect anyone noticably (i.e. fix tomorrow, US EST).

Looks like Sam needs to clean out his patch archive :-)

Dom